As a writer I love the way OmmWriter creates an enveloping environment but as a recording engineer I’m fussy about the sound. Not being able to adjust OmmWriter music and keyboard sounds individually bothered me so I came up with this solution/compromise.
Independently control OmmWriter sound
- Locate the Music folder where you installed OmmWriter on your computer.
On my PC its C:\programs\HerraizSoto\OmmWriter\Resources\Music
- Right click on this folder and ‘Create Shortcut’
- Copy the new shortcut to the desktop for easy access
- Open the shortcut folder and you’ll notice the mp3 music files that play as you use OmmWriter
- Play one of these MP3 files in a music player either by double clicking on the file or right-click and select ‘Play’
- Set your music player to ‘Repeat’ so that the music plays in a continuous loop
- Open OmmWriter and mute the music whilst leaving the keyboard sounds on
- You can now fine-tune the volume of the music by adjusting the music player volume control.
If I temporarily have to leave OmmWriter to reference information, the music continues playing on the music player and I keep my OmmWriter focus while away from the OmmWriter space. This works for me.